OPTIONS FOR TREATING A HERNIATED DISC
"Can A Chiropractor Fix A Bulging Disc?"
by Dr. Benjamin Geddes
Yeah, I think that the chiropractors certainly can add something to spine care, no doubt. I think in the case of disc herniation, particularly in the cervical spine, it's not going to do anything to affect the resorption or healing of the disc. And actually, if there's a relatively large disc herniation, doing any kind of rough manipulation can actually be dangerous because there's just less room for the spinal cord and you could have a neurologic injury if there was too significant or too quick of a maneuver of the neck.
So I think in this particular case, it's not going to expedite the healing of the disc.
More Videos by
Dr. Benjamin Geddes
MOST COMMON QUESTIONS ABOUT CERVICAL DISC HERNIATION
- How serious is a herniated disc?
- What does a herniated disc feel like?
- Can a herniated disc heal on its own?
- What should you not do when you have a herniated disc in the neck?
- What is the fastest way to heal a herniated disc in the neck?
- Is herniated disc in the neck a permanent disability?
- Can a herniated disc in the neck heal without surgery?
- What is the best treatment for treating a herniated disc in the neck?